Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Error Adding Data Source Microsoft Visual Studio

I find error while adding data source, i want to show data from my database (database.mdb) to my listbox. i do this step, click the arrow on the list box and then i check use data bound item, and then i click data source and add project data source after that show data source configuration wizard form ,i choose database, dataset, new connection using Microsoft Acces Databse file (Ole DB) with username admin and no password, then i test the conection there were no problem. On the connection string showed "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=|DataDirectory|\Database.mdb" then i choose table in my database for my dataset. when i click finish there are showed Error using the dropdown: could not get type information for 'Name.DatabaseDataset' and then closing microoft visual studio. Im tryin into new project, restart my pc but does not take an effect, microsoft visual studio closing while showed eror messege.

and then i searching on google search engine, i find the answer on "http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/sqldataaccess/thread/b028382e-faa9-4a2a-92f4-a4b53397e915" there are showed :


HI all.

I am new to ADO.NET and have a emergency problem to slove.

I am using VS 2005 to open a solution that created by previous VS. After the solution is upgraded by VS, I was gonna add a data souce to the form. The destinated database is a sample called Northwind. But right after I want to add a table called "employee" as the object database in dataset, I got an error "error using the dropdown: Could not get type information for 'Getting_Started.NorthwindDataSet'"

I created a test form and did the same procedure but got no error at all. So I guess there must be something wrong with using VS 2005 to open solution created by previous VS.

Can anyone help me solving this problem? Thanks.




Hi,

you are not using handcrafted Dataset. The ones mentioned seem to be designer-built. Therefore the old connection string is still in place for them. If the connection string changed in the meantime, you will have to go into the definition of the DataSet (Right click on the object and "Go to definition") and you will find the gernerated class. Somewhere in the code you will find the connection object which is configured to have a certain connection string. If you change that connection string, you will be able to refresh the metadata, which VS is obviously currently not able to do.

Jens K. Suessmeyer


Hi all

I really need any advice to solve this problem. Thank you very much.



Hi,

you are not using handcrafted Dataset. The ones mentioned seem to be designer-built. Therefore the old connection string is still in place for them. If the connection string changed in the meantime, you will have to go into the definition of the DataSet (Right click on the object and "Go to definition") and you will find the gernerated class. Somewhere in the code you will find the connection object which is configured to have a certain connection string. If you change that connection string, you will be able to refresh the metadata, which VS is obviously currently not able to do.

Jens K. Suessmeyer


I just had the same error and found your post while seeking a solution.

I normally don't use the Designer to do this, but I need to investigate a problem that happens this way.

Anyway, in VS 2005 I dragged a DataGridView onto the form and began setting it up. When I got to the dialog for

"Save the connection string to the application configuration file"

If I leave the CheckBox checked I eventually get that error (a few screens afterward), but if I clear the CheckBox I don't.



i have been trying that, but still can't work, can you help me to solve this problem??? please tell me

[Update]
now my problem have been fixed, check on my post Connect Access Database To Microsoft Visual Studio


Simmilar Posts by Categories


2 comments:

delorismills said...

After study a few of the posts on this website now, and I truly like your way of blogging. I bookmarked it and will be checking back soon.

visua basic bug said...

thank yu guys... come back latter :D

Post a Comment